Facebook remains one of the leading social media platforms, with billions of users worldwide. This makes it a significant avenue for escape rooms to prove that they are active and open for business.
Organic reach on Facebook is horrible. It is almost entirely pay to play, but that does not mean it does not have a role to play in your business.
It just means that investing a lot of money into it isn’t always the right avenue.
Let’s take a look at what you should be focusing on when it comes to a Facebook Business Page.
What to Keep an Eye On
We do not recommend outsourcing these to anyone who is not on your payroll.
- Responding to direct messages (this should be hooked up to your phone through the Facebook Messenger App)
- Check for comments on any of your posts or images
- Respond to reviews
- Update profile information
Keep Your Business Profile Up to Date
Your Facebook Business profile has a few extremely important items that should be audited and kept up to date. At the very least be sure the following are correct:
- Your website
- Your hours of operations
- Your address
- Your phone number
Since Google’s review update, Facebook’s reviews are showing up much more prominently. Be sure to send your customers to Facebook to gather positive reviews.
Posting on Facebook
We highly recommend using some sort of automated system to regularly post to your Facebook’s business page.
If you do utilize any kind of labor for posting on social media, hop over to our monthly social calendar for what that person should be working on. Chances are it isn’t Facebook posts - but rather Instagram Reels or TikToks.
EscpaeKit.co allows for group photos to automatically be posted to your business page. There are a lot of services that offer this so pick your favorite and let it fly. There is very little overhead and it satisfies the main purpose of posting onto a Facebook Business page - making your business look active!
Configuring Facebook Business Manager Properly
You may have a Facebook Business Page… but do you have your Facebook Business Manager setup and configured properly?
This is an extremely confusing setup and we rarely see it configured correctly. Despite the hassle it is extremely important if you ever want to leverage your brand properly using paid media.
Facebook Business Manager allows your ad account, your Facebook Page, your website, and your Instagram account to all work together. That means reaching everyone in the Meta network (Facebook + Instagram) correctly.
It also allows you to build audiences for remarketing campaigns and then share that data across platforms.
You can check to see if you have a Business Manager setup by visiting https://business.facebook.com/
If you do not then create one and then come back here for the parts that matter.
Highlighted below are the five most important parts of your business manager:
- Pages - this is where you will add your Facebook Page
- Ad Accounts - this ad account should only be for your business. You should not be boosting posts or running ads from a personal account because you lose all the data that is available with this correct configuration.
- Instagram Account - this is where you will add your Instagram Account
- Pixels - this is where you create some code that you put on your website to start tracking and harvesting data from your visitors
- Domains - this is where you verify your website domain which unlocks better event tracking
Other perks of a properly configured Facebook Business Manager:
- Consolidated Management: Facebook Business Manager allows you to manage multiple Facebook pages, ad accounts, and team members in one place, providing a more streamlined approach to management.
- Security: With Business Manager, you can assign specific roles and permissions to team members, ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to your business's sensitive data.
- Insights and Analytics: The Business Manager provides detailed insights and analytics about your audience's behavior, helping you make data-driven decisions to optimize your marketing efforts.
- Access to Advanced Tools: Business Manager also gives you access to advanced advertising tools like Custom Audiences, Lookalike Audiences, and the Facebook Pixel, which can significantly boost your marketing effectiveness.