Lead generation, the process of creating a list of prospects that can ultimately turn into loyal clients, plays a huge role in business development. A perfect strategy to pitch your products and services is useless if you can’t get through to your target customers. The tasks and processes involved in lead generation, though, is far from easy. In digital marketing, rapid technological changes and developments may mean that old techniques used in acquiring customers are no longer effective. As competition grows, lead generation specialists are under more pressure than ever to come up with ingenious ways to connect to their customers. The following are some tips and suggestions for creating an effective lead generation strategy.
Offer something valuable for free.
Email marketing continues to be an effective way to reach out to people who might be interested in a certain product or service. An online survey reveals the majority of U.S. consumers prefer to receive offers from brands through email. An impressive number of email subscribers can be a gold mine. But people don’t give their email addresses away easily. It’s important to give prospects a good reason to subscribe to your mailing list. In exchange for entering their email and information, offer something useful and valuable such as free e-books, tools or product samples.
- Have a target client in mind. In order for your lead magnet work to your advantage, you need an email list with quality leads. Narrow down your list to those who actually need your services and offer something that your target clients will find useful. For example, a free template for an editorial calendar ensures that you attract digital marketers while an e-book for expats will connect you to migrants and overseas workers.
- Offer incentives for sharing. Give your audience a reason to share your free guides or templates by adding a share button to your landing page or email campaigns. Offering a reward to your subscribers for sharing can further grow your email list when you give them an incentive. For example, you can run a contest for those who share the offer or give an exclusive discount.
Allow sign-ups using third party sites.
Most e-commerce websites require registration in order to fully utilize their portal. This is a step that allows your business to gather data and information that will be extremely useful in your marketing strategy. The bad news? Many users would rather skip the registration process. A compilation of research shows that going through a registration process turns off many users. Web developers can solve this by making the registration requirement fast and easy. One way to do this is by allowing users to sign-up using third-party sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Google. It removes the hassle of going through lengthy online forms and creating a new username and password.
- Enhance your landing page. If you want to encourage more people to sign up, you need to exert effort on your landing page. Think strategically about the marketing language you will use and overall design. Make sure your sign-up form is in a strategic location on your landing page. Design is crucial to grabbing people’s attention and earning their trust. Your landing page should have a visually-appealing design and call-to-action (CTA) button. To speak right to your potential customers, it is equally as important to come up with a powerful message.
- Do split testing. You want to know if the landing page you create is helping your business capture profitable leads. Split testing (creating more than one version) will allow you to see the effect each one has on users who hit your landing pages. From there you can determine which ones are resonating and will help determine the best strategies to apply. Perhaps the language on one page is more appealing than the other, or the images used might also play a part in their performance. Split testing and creating A/B pages can be done with tools such as Instapage.
Create a lead generation team.
Gathering data about your potential clients and coming up with strategies to lead them to making a purchase is one of the most (if not the most) challenging areas in marketing. If you want to fill your sales pipeline fast, you can’t expect to get the results you desire by expecting your staff to multi-task. It is important to have a dedicated lead generation team. Whether generating leads for business-to-consumer (B2C) or business-to-business (B2B) clients, this team can solely focus on boosting the earning potential of a firm through lead generation.
- Be innovative. The goal to acquire customers and outwit competitors requires creativity and innovation. Lead generation specialists should be on the lookout for new tools they can use to upgrade their inbound and outbound marketing strategies. They should be ready to research and try new techniques to gain clients.
- Monitor your success. It is essential to measure and monitor the success of your lead generation team’s strategies. Sales and revenues should increase with a successful lead generation strategy. Set expectations for what success looks like for lead generation and utilize analytics tools to help set and measure goals.
Lead generation is one of the services that our team confidently offers our clients. Birch River Design Group is trained and experienced in creating innovative lead generation strategies. We can help you reach your target audience and build a list of qualified leads. Request a meeting with us today so we can start discussing the strategies that can propel your business forward!